New episodes of RadixRadio are released on a weekly basis, with most following an interview format. Kilovoltage will typically speak in-depth with founders of Radix-based projects or other important voices in the community. There is also audience participation during the live recording of episodes, with listeners able to join the discussion and ask questions. The podcast aims to provide a unique opportunity for community engagement within the Radix ecosystem. By interviewing project leaders and discussing the latest developments, it helps keep the community informed and connected. RadixRadio also serves as an educational resource, with discussions exploring the technical workings of Radix and its advantages over other blockchains. Since its launch, RadixRadio has developed a dedicated following within the Radix community. Episodes regularly garner hundreds of listens across platforms like Twitter, YouTube, and podcast services. As the Radix ecosystem continues to grow leading up to the Babylon smart contract release in 2023, RadixRadio looks to establish itself as a go-to source for staying up-to-date.
RadixRadio recordings take place via the Twitter Spaces feature. This allows kilovoltage to host live voice conversations focused around a particular topic or guest. Listeners can tune into the Twitter Space live and participate in the discussion.
After the initial recording, the audio from the Twitter Space is extracted and uploaded onto other platforms like YouTube, Spotify, Apple Podcasts etc. This allows the episodes to remain available after the 30-day expiration period for Twitter Spaces.
The majority of RadixRadio episodes follow an interview format, with kilovoltage speaking one-on-one with a guest. These guests are typically founders of projects built on Radix or influential voices within the Radix community.
In addition to the interview content, listener participation and questions are a key component of the podcast. Those tuning into the Twitter Space recordings are able to raise their hand and be brought on air by kilovoltage to ask questions or share perspectives. This interactivity is a core part of what makes RadixRadio unique.
The free-flowing discussion format enabled by Twitter Spaces gives RadixRadio a conversational tone. Kilovoltage aims to make guests feel comfortable opening up, while still extracting key insights about their projects and Radix involvement. This casual yet informative style has resonated with listeners.
RadixRadio has featured interviews with a diverse range of guests from across the Radix ecosystem since launching in late 2022. Some notable episodes include:
- Episode 1: Interview with Radish Eco founder "Mik" about his NFT project, plans for future roadmap and utilities, rights for NFT holders, and journey into the Radix community.
- Episode 2: Interview with Robo Creator about his Radical Robos generative NFT collection. Discussed original 3D art process, community-focused approach, plans to incorporate robo characters into future metaverse and gaming concepts.
- Episode 3: Interview with founders of Radical Penguins NFT project Ice Penguin and Pengu Creator. Talked about being first 3D NFT on Radix, plans for NFT marketplace, charity donations, roadmap.
- Episode 4: Interview with Vlad B about his projects Nerds Republic and Foton NFT marketplace. Discussed origins of nerd avatars, plans to integrate related metaverse concepts, early stages of Radix involvement.
- Episode 5: Interview with founders of Bobcat Society NFT project Baron and Lynx. Discussed decision to switch from Solana blockchain to Radix, community differences, project roadmap and vision.
- Episode 6: Interview with founder of Roidboiz NFT project Radix Enigma. Discussed generative art process, roadmap, traits, plans to collaborate with other Radix projects.
- Episode 7: Roundtable discussion with Radix community leaders B Like Water, Bobby Sizemore, Jordan T Jones, and Squidward XRD. Talked history in Radix, approach to community building, outlook on future growth.
The wide range of projects and personalities covered demonstrates the expanding diversity of the Radix ecosystem.
RadixRadio was founded and hosted by @kilovoltage. He has been an active member of the Radix community for over a year, joining in late 2021.
Kilovoltage is based in the southwestern United States. His interest in Radix began after learning about it on Reddit and joining the early Telegram community. He was attracted by the technical ambitions of the project and the helpfulness of early supporters.
In addition to hosting RadixRadio, kilovoltage serves as a volunteer ambassador for Radix. He aims to help grow the ecosystem by promoting projects and organizing real-world events. His passion for the community and networked nature of Radix are what motivated him to start the podcast.
Since launching in late 2022, RadixRadio has been well-received within the Radix community. It has become a popular medium for projects to reach the community and build connections between different ecosystem participants.
Episodes of the podcast consistently garner hundreds of listens across platforms like Twitter, YouTube, and podcast services. The interactive live format provides a unique opportunity for community engagement not found on most blockchain podcasts.
As both the Radix technology and ecosystem continue maturing, RadixRadio looks poised to establish itself as a leading source for discussion and updates. With the core community rapidly expanding heading into 2023, the podcast can help onboard new members and promote cohesion.