Emote Care is revolutionary mental health infrastructure and a global marketplace; connecting and empowering practitioners and clients. With a focus on autonomy, privacy and flexibility, emote Care combines the power of Web3 technology and intuitive Web2 user experience to deliver data ownership, incredible security and access to global representation never before seen in mental healthcare.
Emote Care was founded with the aim of creating a mental health protocol that could provide users with decentralized access to therapy. The company has since grown rapidly, expanding its team to include product development and technology experts with extensive experience in providing strategic advice and implementing significant projects in enterprises, government, and SME environments.
In June 2023, emote Care completed their pre-seed round to investors. In the same month an announcement was made for the release of their MVP stated as 31st of July 2023. Their MVP was aimed to structure their product around these following elements:
- Very small pool - 10 therapists and 10 clients
- Targeting Australian clients and therapists
- Invite only (due to manual account creation etc)
- Learning based on in-person interviews following their therapy session by asking people:
- How they found the experience
- Why they interacted with some features and not others
- Did they use the filter mechanism and if so on what attributes. We want to learn if diversity attributes are important to clients.
- Conduct questionnaire after web session completed
- Test video and audio infrastructure
- Test database
Emote Care continued to raise for pre-seed up until June 2023 where they closed the round. They are now in their seed round.
Emote Care released exclusive equity packages back in March 2023, giving the Radix community the opportunity to own a part of the company. Due to Australian law, the company was unable to provide the opportunity to crowdfund more broadly. As of end of March 2023, the company has had four commitments out of the five offers, all for over the $10k minimum. The end of April 2023 the Radix Community Equity Packages were closed after all 5 packages were invested in and emote Care exceeded their investment target.
Emote Care has been working to build its MVP in line with its roadmap for release in Q3 2023. The company has been hard at work designing a data architecture that is both secure and user-friendly. The company has also created a UI component library, which contains the building blocks for commonly used UI components throughout the app. Behind the scenes they are developing their Radix wallet integration ready for a launch after the Babylon release. Testing will commence once Radix releases RCnet V2 with ROLA in July 2023
emote Care released it’s MVP v0.1.0 on the 31st of July 2023.
- Login screen
- v1 of our video/audio software to conduct therapy sessions between a therapist and a client
- Manual onboarding
- Client and therapist profiles
- v1 scheduling system. Includes being able to book a session with a therapist, cancel a session from both therapist and client end, choose dates and times from calendars set by therapist.
- List of therapists to choose from
- Capturing of simple notes
- Privacy settings. If personal information can be shared with a therapist
- Password changing
- Booker Woodford: co-founder of Emote Care
- Joe Morse: co-founder of Emote Care
- Tina Li GAICD: Acting CFO
- Pete Cohen: Product Advisor
- Cameron Smith: Agile Scrum Master
- Jason Cheung: Tech Lead
- Trini Campos: Lead Product Designer
- Vickler Charles: Lead Developer
- Liam Kuo: Full Stack Developer (Back End)
- Tomisin James: Full Stack Developer (Front End)
- Eric Roldan: Full Stack Developer (Security)
- Austin Rogers: Smart Contract Developer
Emote Care was originally known as Emote Health but rebranded to better reflect the company's focus on people's care. The company's regulatory compliance has been updated to incorporate the new branding.
On 07/08/2023 emote Care announced it’s partnership with Bolder, an independent creative marketing agency, to transform emote Care’s image.