- Meet The Project Caviarswap
- What Is Alphadex Decentralized Exchange
- Tres Finance Integrates With Radix
- The Radix Grants Program Introducing The Projects
- Radix Grants Program Cohort 1 Update 1
- The Radix Economics A Token For An Ecosystem
- The Scrypto Defi Challenge Starts Now
- Where To Get Xrd
- Babylon Roadmap Update
Thu, 23 Mar 2023
• Good multi-chain communication protocols are critical to success in Web3 • Multi-chain dApps enable aggregation across various ecosystems • Cross-ledger communication protocols will become increasingly important • Enhancing the Web3 user experience is a challenge due to the ossification of public networks • Smart contract architectures in Solidity could become difficult to upgrade • Radix is focused on delivering protocol-level usability tools to improve the consumer user experience
• Aggregation and unified user experiences will drive the next wave of adoption in Web3 • Public networks focusing on user-experience-enabling-technology will be best placed to compete for mass adoption • Users won't need to choose between chains, as multi-chain dApps offer aggregated services across ecosystems
Wed, 22 Mar 2023
1. Foton is a modular NFT marketplace. 2. Foton's user-friendly interface and robust features make it a one-stop-shop for creators and traders. 3. Foton provides an end-to-end solution for launching NFT collections. 4. Foton handles everything from media file management and smart contract minting to monetization and asset management. 5. Foton's unique features include functioning as an aggregator of individual stores and offering an extensive range of NFT types. 6. The upcoming Radix Wallet for Babylon will introduce innovative ways to further enhance the user experience on the Foton platform.
1. Foton will simplify the world of NFTs and make it accessible and user-friendly for creators and traders alike. 2. Foton will allow creators to build their own stores, providing them with more control and creativity to build their brand and promote individuality. 3. Foton will empower creators to monetize their creations as NFTs and build direct relationships with their fans or customers. 4. By streamlining the entire process, Foton will save creators time and costs, making the experience of managing and selling digital assets as seamless as possible. 5. Foton will set a new standard for NFT marketplaces.
Meet The Project Caviarswap
Tue, 14 Mar 2023
Meet The Project: CaviarSwap | The Radix Blog | Radix DLT
Since launching Radix’s first-ever grants program in December the projects participating in this round have made some incredible progress along their journeys to becoming core builders in the Radix ecosystem. Each week RDX Works will dive into the team behind the project, the journey to their Radix revelation and what makes their project unique. So, without further ado, here’s all you need to know about CaviarSwap: The Radix-native decentralized exchange.
- CaviarSwap operates on the Radix network in a centralized form, but will eventually become a decentralized exchange once smart contracts go live with the Babylon Mainnet.
- Radix is faster, cleaner, cheaper, simpler, safer, and theoretically more scalable than building dApps on the EVM.
- The unique selling point of CaviarSwap is their ability to provide single pool liquidity, which makes earning yield far more capital efficient in comparison to using competitor DEX’s like UniSwap.
- CaviarSwap V2 Engine will enable users to add liquidity in a single token, providing greater capital efficiency and making it easier for users to earn a yield on their tokens.
- Providing liquidity in CaviarSwap V2 is a better option for users looking to earn a yield on their tokens.
- CaviarSwap aims to democratize financial products and push the boundaries of finance and technology through DeFi.
What Is Alphadex Decentralized Exchange
Tue, 07 Mar 2023
- AlphaDEX is a decentralized exchange built on the Radix public network.
- It offers a central order book and matching engine that can be integrated into a wide variety of applications.
- AlphaDEX aims to provide a fast, efficient, and secure trading platform that doesn't require intermediaries or centralized entities.
- AlphaDEX is built on the principle that the people who use the exchange the most should also benefit from it the most.
- AlphaDEX has an architecture that allows developers to choose how to interact with the exchange.
- AlphaDEX has low fees and offers benefits for liquidity providers and app developers.
- AlphaDEX aims to enable the development of more sophisticated DeFi solutions on the Radix network.
- Launching on Babylon will be the first step on AlphaDEX's journey.
- AlphaDEX will be available with the launch of Babylon Mainnet in Q2 2023.
Tres Finance Integrates With Radix
Tue, 07 Mar 2023
Tres.finance Integrates with Radix, Enabling Companies to Add XRD to Their Balance Sheets | The Radix Blog | Radix DLT
- Tres.finance has integrated the XRD token into its core offering.
- XRD can be managed alongside other blue chip crypto assets such as BTC and Ethereum.
- Tres.finance provides companies with a source of truth to manage all financial aspects of Web3 assets.
- Radix has immense potential, particularly with the pending Babylon network update in Q2.
- Tres.finance recognizes the growth of the Radix ecosystem and expects it to be one of the most dominant players in DeFi and Web3.
- More companies will integrate XRD into their portfolios as a result of Tres.finance's integration.
- Radix will become one of the most dominant players in DeFi and Web3.
The Radix Grants Program Introducing The Projects
Mon, 06 Mar 2023
- The Radix Grants Program is a pilot program launched by Radix Tokens (Jersey) Limited.
- There were 45 submissions to the program, and only six applicants were selected for the first cohort.
- The selected projects are AlphaDEX, CaviarSwap, Foton, Hermes Protocol, Ociswap, and XRD.domains.
- Each project has a unique focus, ranging from decentralized financial systems to marketplaces for digital assets to real-time on-chain notifications.
- The Radix Network is considered the ideal platform to build and scale DeFi products and digital asset marketplaces due to its scalability and efficiency.
- Radix has smart contract language available.
- The Radix Name Service is a provider of human-readable Radix addresses and sources of trust.
- The six selected projects will participate in a 12-week program starting in February and will have access to masterclasses and retail space at Consensus 2023.
- There will be updates on the launch of the second cohort of the Radix Grants Program later this year, and the team intends to support applicants in every way possible.
- There will be exciting activities and rewards coming up for developers to get involved in.
Radix Grants Program Cohort 1 Update 1
Mon, 06 Mar 2023
- The Radix Grants Program is inspired by Y Combinator and is designed to support projects across multiple areas.
- The program provides financial support as well as the collective experience and know-how of senior members of the RDX Works team.
- The program offers support, guidance, and direction to successful projects to make the most out of opportunities presented through DeFi and Web3.
- The program consists of a 12-week progression that includes regular weekly sessions, access to office hours with RDX Works teams, group sessions, and help with user testing.
- Each of the six teams selected for cohort 1 will receive 30,000 USD in XRD tokens in support of their projects.
- The six teams will have the final experience of taking their projects center stage alongside Radix at one of the world's biggest crypto events, Consensus 2023, in Austin, Texas.
- Cohort 2 of the Radix Grants program is in full swing and plans for the launch are underway.
- Joining the developer program is the best way to prepare for applying to Cohort 2 of the program.
- The grants program will ultimately support great dApps getting to market on Radix.
The Radix Economics A Token For An Ecosystem
Wed, 01 Mar 2023
- Introduces a new price-based unlocking mechanism for E-RADIX and RADIX Token
- ERC20 RADIX Token will facilitate faster integration into the DeFi ecosystem on Ethereum
- E-RADIX Token holders own 99% locked and 1% unlocked tokens initially
- 1 week Simple Moving Average (SMA) of E-RADIX Token determines unlocking of tokens
- Network Emission is capped at 12Bn RADIX TOKENS over a minimum 40-year period
- Incentivises Node Runners through periodic creation of new RADIX TOKENS
- Maximum rate of 300m RADIX tokens per year for token emission
- RADIX TOKEN scheduled to be released in Q2 of 2021 on the RADIX LEDGER
- Total of 4.41Bn E-RADIX Tokens to be distributed as both locked and unlocked tokens
- Maximum of 24Bn RADIX TOKENS will be generated by the RADIX PROTOCOL over a 40-year period
- 50% of RADIX TOKENS to be released as new Network Emission
- A maximum of 720m E-RADIX will be sold at a price of $0.039
The Scrypto Defi Challenge Starts Now
Mon, 20 Feb 2023
- Decentralized Finance (DeFi) solves problems with the current financial system
- DeFi can do everything that the traditional financial system does, but more efficiently and cheaply
- DeFi relies on distributed ledger technologies (DLTs) like Radix to remove the need for intermediaries
- The Scrypto toolchain is a language that is easy to learn
- The Scrypto challenge will result in new DeFi apps
- There will be a surge in the development of decentralized apps during the challenge period
- The challenge will result in innovative solutions and new ideas
Where To Get Xrd
Wed, 15 Feb 2023
- The RADIX token (XRD) has two main uses: securing the network and paying transaction fees.
- XRD and eXRD are available on multiple platforms for buying, staking, and trading.
- eXRD is the wrapped representation of XRD on Ethereum that serves as a permanent link between the Radix and Ethereum networks.
- With the Babylon mainnet upgrade, Radix Ecosystem will grow rapidly.
- The expanding list of platforms supporting XRD and eXRD will enable token holders to secure the network, use cDEXes, participate in prediction markets, or acquire their favorite NFTs.
- The growing number of projects and tokens on the Radix Ecosystem will drive innovation on the Radix Network.
Babylon Roadmap Update
Wed, 01 Feb 2023
- Babylon will be the most significant update to the Radix Public Network since its launch.
- Babylon will add the ability for developers to contribute to and use the on-ledger blueprint catalog.
- Babylon will bring a wholesale update to the asset-oriented transaction model.
- There will be a complete rebuild of how network functions like staking and emissions work.
- Accounts will become components rather than simply key-based addresses.
- The migration of existing assets and accounts from Olympia to Babylon requires careful design and implementation.
- Radix will become a home for the next generation of DeFi dApps and their developers.
- The rollout of Babylon to the Radix mainnet will be complete in Q2 2023.
- A phased rollout launch of Babylon will ensure a smooth launch of multiple interrelated technologies, products, and interfaces.
- Real-world testing and refinement of Babylon systems and integrations with third-party/community/ecosystem products/projects can be completed with confidence.
- Babylon Betanet begins at the end of Q4 2022.
- A teaser of some of the major expected roadmap items for the year is given.
URL:https://www.radixdlt.com/blog/babylon-roadmap-update Scrypto Developer Program Incentives https://www.radixdlt.com/blog/scrypto-developer-program-incentives
Tue, 31 Jan 2023
- Scrypto was launched in its first public release to the developer community
- Scrypto can replicate existing DeFi applications easily and extend its features
- RDX Works officially launched its first grants program in 2023
- Incentives are there to reward developers who are using Scrypto and support the community with great code examples
- The Dev Program will be expanded to include more incentives
- The $75 in XRD reward will encourage developers to submit their first Scrypto Blueprint
- Submissions will be reviewed on a rolling basis
- Developers can win up to $1500 in XRD by impressing the CTO
Scrypto And The Radix Engine https://www.radixdlt.com/blog/scrypto-and-the-radix-engine
Fri, 27 Jan 2023
- Steep learning curve of smart contract languages like Solidity hinders Web3 developer ecosystem
- Development of production-grade applications on networks like Ethereum can take years to master
- User funds held on decentralized networks are often vulnerable to hacks and exploits
- Radix has created a virtual machine alternative to the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM), the Radix Engine
- Scrypto is an asset-oriented programming language with native functions for creating and writing powerful logic around assets
- The Radix Engine makes assets a native function of the platform, improving security and execution
- Scrypto drastically lowers the difficulty of building dApps
- Radix Engine and Scrypto provide a more intuitive and efficient way to build smart contracts and manage assets
- Piecemeal solutions will not be sufficient to increase developer adoption in Web3
- Power and confidence to build innovative DeFi products will significantly grow with the Radix full stack
- Scrypto and the Radix Engine going live on the Radix public network in Q2 2023 will revolutionize Web3 development
The Fall Of Ftx The Next Phase Of Financial Recovery https://www.radixdlt.com/blog/the-fall-of-ftx-the-next-phase-of-financial-recovery
Wed, 25 Jan 2023
- The financial crisis of 2008 led to the birth of Bitcoin and the emergence of the new financial paradigm.
- Centralized finance (CeFi) was never the intended outcome of crypto.
- CeFi was a stepping stone while the world wasn't ready for decentralization.
- Fundamental flaws in the underlying technology and lack of real-world considerations to adoption has held the crypto space back.
- Radix has built the first full stack for Web3 that enables developers to create decentralized apps for global adoption without flaws, hacks, and poor usability.
- The fall of FTX and the anticipation for more unraveling is a tragedy for the crypto industry, but there will be positive outcomes in time that will exceed the temporary setback caused.
- The true shift needed to build the future of finance is radical and better decentralized finance (DeFi).
- Radix is paving the way to accelerate the adoption of DeFi and radically improve the face of finance.
Radix Wallet Personas https://www.radixdlt.com/blog/radix-wallet-personas
Wed, 25 Jan 2023
- Radix Wallet will introduce personas as part of the Q2 2023 network upgrade.
- Personas allow users to separate their online identity from the account that holds their assets, improving privacy and creating a friction-free, trustless, and permissionless Web3 login experience.
- Personas use on-ledger identities to log in, but personal data is never stored on-ledger – it is only shared directly from wallet to website.
- With personas, users can selectively share data from their Radix Wallet with websites and have total control over what information those websites are allowed to see.
- Identity components enable multi-factor recovery features, preventing loss of a user's entire online identity and access to all their platforms in case of device or seed phrase loss.
- Radix Wallet with personas will pave the way for a radically different Web3 user experience.
- The industry needs to up its game and build tools that give people back ownership over their identity to enable a global shift from Web2 to Web3.
- More builders and innovators migrating to Web3 means more opportunities for new projects that look beyond finance-only features.
Radfi2022 Web3 Unveiled https://www.radixdlt.com/blog/radfi2022-web3-unveiled
Wed, 25 Jan 2023
- Radix network is designed specifically to support the $400T global financial system.
- Radix network is the first in crypto history that is actually designed to be able to take Web3 mainstream.
- Radix's infrastructure is focused on meeting the needs for scalability, security, developer experience, and user experience.
- Radix's Babylon Mainnet in Q2 2023 will release five core technologies as part of the Radix Wallet set to revolutionize the way users can interact with dApps.
- Scrypto is the world's first programming language that removes the barriers for developers to do what they do best.
- The Radix Engine's asset behavior is baked in – with assets and asset security being a primary function of the network.
- Cerberus is the world's first consensus algorithm that doesn't break atomic composability as it scales.
- The Radix network will be the solution for the problems in Web3, crypto, and DeFi that are plagued by fraud, exploits, and fractured infrastructure.
- Radix's infrastructure will revolutionize the user experience by making it safer and more intuitive, with an experience as safe as traditional finance and as intuitive as the best Web2 apps.
- Scrypto will enable developers to learn faster, build easier, and launch innovative projects on the Radix Network without risking their users' livelihoods.
- The Radix Engine will make the execution of dApps simpler and more secure, with assets and asset security being a primary function of the network.
- Cerberus will enable infinite scalability on the Radix network without sacrificing atomic composability, thus becoming an asset super-highway that can scale interconnectivity as it evolves.
Radix Dlt Ceo Piers Ridyard Qa With Blockchain Space Telegram Community https://www.radixdlt.com/blog/radix-dlt-ceo-piers-ridyard-qa-with-blockchain-space-telegram-community
Tue, 24 Jan 2023
- Radix is a layer 1 protocol where data, tokens, and smart contracts live.
- Radix has built their own custom development and deployment environment specifically for DeFi.
- Radix has a unique form of consensus, Cerberus, which can scale linearly without breaking atomic composability.
- Radix's token, XRD, is the means of paying for the use of the platform, provides security to the network through staking, and is the base currency of the platform.
- Radix has been working on R&D for eight years and built their consensus algorithm through iteration and breaking each generation of consensus algorithms.
- Olympia release in June 2021 will allow payments between XRD token holders and token creation.
- Alexandria release at the end of 2021 will allow smart contracts to start being developed and tested.
- Babylon release in 2022 will be the full implementation of the Radix Engine and language.
- Full implementation of Cerberus is planned to go live in 2023.
- Radix intends to get 100m people to put at least $1 into DeFi by 2025 through their Goodfi.com initiative.
Managing A Multiyear Mission https://www.radixdlt.com/blog/managing-a-multiyear-mission
Tue, 24 Jan 2023
- The Radix network has four major phases: Olympia, Alexandria, Babylon, and Xi'an
- Olympia is the first public release of the network and is not intended for development, but rather to ensure the consensus model and network security
- Alexandria is focused on developer tools to build DeFi applications and prepare for Babylon
- Babylon will enable programmability on the mainnet and improve the DeFi consumer and developer experience
- Xi'an will unlock unlimited scalability and create a better financial landscape for everyone with a mobile phone
- Resources are focused on Babylon development rather than Olympia development support
- The Olympia wallet has a narrow focus and is not designed to capture a general audience
- Radix does not have a 24/7 response team for reported incidents on Olympia
- There is no feature-level roadmap for future releases due to the complex and innovative nature of the network
- The team is prioritizing development towards Babylon and will deliver a game-changing user experience
- Once Babylon is released, there will be a surge in activity on the network and a need for increased support
- The Olympia network will continue to operate for many months to come with the support of early token holders and node-runners
- The Scrypto and Radix Engine v2 tools will be so good that everyone who tries them will want to build DeFi on Radix
- Future updates and features will be constantly shifting and adapting based on new discoveries and priorities
The Defi Engine And What It Means For The Future Of Finance https://www.radixdlt.com/blog/the-defi-engine-and-what-it-means-for-the-future-of-finance
Tue, 24 Jan 2023
- Engines make complex technologies safe, easy, and predictable
- The Radix Engine automates the functions associated with assets, tokens, and transactions
- Public networks like Ethereum, Solana, Avalanche, Near, Terra etc don’t inherently understand what assets are
- The Radix Engine adds the asset-oriented foundation that DeFi dApps need
- The Radix Engine encodes physical behaviors of assets as a finite state machine
- The Radix Engine changes how transactions work to be asset-oriented
- Radix Engine's asset toolbox creates a smart contract language that exposes all of its power
- DeFi is going to eat CeFi/TradFi
- Between the “real” finance system of $400 trillion and the coming Web3 economy, we’re looking at a $1 quadrillion global financial economy in the next decade or so
- The Radix Engine will accelerate the finance revolution
- DeFi developers will be empowered to do more, faster, safer, and more easily
- In 20 years, there will be many DeFi engines and the invention will seem obvious in hindsight
Why Defi Is The Future Of Active Investing https://www.radixdlt.com/blog/why-defi-is-the-future-of-active-investing
Tue, 24 Jan 2023
- Radix network has asset-oriented programming language Scrypto.
- The Scrypto language promises to improve productivity and reduce hacks, bugs, and exploits in DeFi dApps.
- Radix's DeFi whitepaper and Developer Hub provide more information.
- DeFi will improve the active investment industry's transparency, leading to better strategies and allocation of capital.
- DeFi will unlock competition, choice, and yield for savers and investors.
- Real-world assets will become represented as tokens and managed within DeFi.
- DeFi will demonstrate a more efficient and optimal paradigm for allocating assets.
Radix A Look Back At 2022 https://www.radixdlt.com/blog/radix-a-look-back-at-2022
Mon, 23 Jan 2023
- Successfully delivered Babylon Alphanet and Beta net test network releases
- Scrypto progressed rapidly with over 4,500 unique clones of the GitHub repo
- Radix Engine v2 has introduced a transaction manifest and unified authorization model
- Instabridge is well-into a ground-up rewrite
- Seed phrase death made practical with Babylon's decentralized account recovery model
- RadFi introduced a paradigm-changing vision for a wallet experience
- Radix's growing community of Scrypto developers created their own dApps resulting in innovative projects
- Radix Grants Program launched to support the Radix developer ecosystem growth
- The marketing team of Radix built strong capabilities including content, event, community, performance, influencer, and university relations marketing
- Radix expansion strategy includes community building, ambassador-unleashing, and increasing diversity and inclusion
- Scaling the team impressively by recruiting 72 people across 24 countries
- Radix is committed to the continued well-being and mental health of all its members
- Babylon milestone is a huge milestone for Radix and the Radix community, as well as the Radix UX innovations that lay the groundwork for DeFi to make inroads to mainstream users
- Continued growth and success of the Radix network in 2023
- Release of Babylon milestone in Q2 of 2023
- Emergence of real-world assets on public ledgers and institutional players adopting public ledgers
- Increased innovation and development of dApps on the Radix network
- Radically better financial system built on the Radix network
Buy Xrd With Card https://www.radixdlt.com/blog/buy-xrd-with-card
Tue, 17 Jan 2023
- XRD is now available for purchase using fiat or cryptocurrencies.
- The purchase can be made using a widget provided by Radix Tokens Jersey Limited.
- The widget can be added by anyone in the Radix community to their own website.
- Access to XRD will make it easier to access the dApps and tokens in the Radix ecosystem.
- The availability of XRD through Switchere is a step towards achieving the Radix vision of a better financial system.
Radix Olympia Mainnet Is Here https://www.radixdlt.com/blog/radix-olympia-mainnet-is-here
Mon, 16 Jan 2023
- The Olympia brings the native RADIX (XRD) token and the foundational Radix technology stack.
- Olympia provides all necessary functionality to create, transfer, and stake tokens on the network.
- Olympia includes an unsharded version of the Cerberus consensus algorithm, featuring a minimum throughput of 50 transactions per second.
- Olympia culminates in the release of Xi’an, which will implement the unlimited linear scalability of fully sharded Cerberus.
- Alexandria will provide early access for developers to an off-ledger development environment featuring Radix Engine v2 and Scrypto.
- Babylon will feature the release of the Radix Blueprint Catalog, creating a marketplace for high-quality, modular code.
- Xi’an will deliver the true limitless power of Radix by implementing the fully sharded version of the Cerberus consensus algorithm.
- The future of both Radix and DeFi will be built on the foundational Radix technology stack.
- Future releases will culminate in the unprecedented DeFi readiness and limitless linear scalability of Xi’an.
- Olympia's unsharded version of the Cerberus consensus algorithm, with a minimum throughput of 50 transactions per second, is more than sufficient to support expected demand as additional features and throughput are added in future releases.
- Alexandria will allow developers to begin working on the decentralized applications (dApps) that will be the first to be deployed to the Radix Network when Babylon is released.
- Babylon's Radix Blueprint Catalog will create a marketplace for high-quality, modular code, and the licensing system will let developers specify a recurring, on-ledger royalty each time their code is used in a transaction.
- Xi’an will provide the practically infinite linear scalability needed for Radix to process all the transaction needs of the global financial market and beyond, all without breaking atomic composability.
Introducing The Radix Ecosystem Metrics Page https://www.radixdlt.com/blog/introducing-the-radix-ecosystem-metrics-page
Fri, 13 Jan 2023
- The Radix network is a Layer 1 smart contract platform.
- The long-term success of Radix is dependent on the economic activity on top of it.
- The Radix Ecosystem Metrics page is a transparent, real-time visualization of the economic activity on the Radix platform.
- Over 7,700 accounts participated in transactions totaling more than $12.5 million in Q4 2022.
- The Radix network is seeing meaningful growth and engagement even before the launch of smart contract capability with mainnet (Babylon) in Q2 2023.
- The Radix ecosystem will continue to grow as more users and developers join.
- The Radix Ecosystem Metrics page will provide valuable insights and transparency for all stakeholders.
- The Radix network will have long-term success based on its economic activity.
Introducing The Radix Grants Program https://www.radixdlt.com/blog/introducing-the-radix-grants-program
Mon, 09 Jan 2023
- The Radix network is committed to growing its ecosystem to unleash the potential of Web3 at global scale.
- The Radix Grants Program is designed to support a grass-roots movement that is already growing inside the developer community.
- The Radix team will provide extra help on all of the factors of success that lie outside the realm of tech.
- The Radix Grants Program provides practical guidance on compliance, cyber security, incorporating a company, and more.
- The underlying technology of the Radix network provides powerful tools to the builders who choose to build their project on Radix.
- The Radix Grants Program offers 1:1 advisory sessions with senior Radix team members and exclusive masterclasses on key topics such as product development, customer interviews, and tokenomics.
- The Radix Grants Program will accelerate the creation and deployment of great Web3 and DeFi dApps on the Radix network.
- The program will bring to bear all of the collective experience and know-how of the Radix team, both in and out of the crypto space.
- The program will prioritize providing the best possible support for committed founders and help their projects succeed within the Radix ecosystem.
- The program will help Web3 entrepreneurs mature and develop their ideas into successful, in-market products.
- The program will help builders make the most of the opportunities presented through DeFi and Web3.
What Is A Dapp https://www.radixdlt.com/blog/what-is-a-dapp
Mon, 09 Jan 2023
- Web3 and DeFi dApps can do things better and what was never possible before.
- Current Web3 and DeFi platforms have shortcomings that restrict developers from accessing various potentials.
- The Radix Public Network provides developers with a decentralized platform and set of tools to create a new generation of Web3 dApps.
- Radix offers easy creation and management for digital assets while making smart contract logic safe and intuitive to write.
- The Radix Wallet enables seamless and powerful connections to users and their assets through web interface.
- The Radix Wallet is a user's hub for keeping control of everything they own and how they want to connect.
- Radix provides users with the convenience, comfort, and continuity between applications, giving developers the chance to focus on functionality and user experience.
- Radix offers a purpose-built solution that provides an intuitive user experience to securely manage everything users own and connect to unlimited dApps.
- Developers have a variety of tools to interact with, such as smart contracts, account, asset state, etc.
- The Radix Network is where all accounts and assets live, and transactions can interact with smart contracts or components.
- The dApps' frontend is the UI to the applications and holds all logic that isn't in smart contracts, known as components on the network.
- Full-stack dApps combine Web2, applications, and Web3 superpowers of digital assets and personal data control.
- Radix's Persona logins enable simple one-tap no-password logins using the Radix Wallet with on-ledger identities.
- Radix will give developers the most purpose-built place to produce the new generation of Web3 dApps.
- The Radix Wallet will be a mobile application for iOS and Android and can connect to either desktop or mobile browser applications.
- Radix can offer a more valuable experience and connection to other applications.
- Radix will become a popular platform where developers can build dApps.
Smart Accounts And The End Of Mandatory Seed Phrases https://www.radixdlt.com/blog/smart-accounts-and-the-end-of-mandatory-seed-phrases
Wed, 21 Dec 2022
- The current Web3 user experience is lacking and not user-friendly
- Seed phrases used for self-custody and account recovery are impractical and lead to vulnerability and loss
- Smart Accounts on the Radix Network are an on-ledger container for assets with user-configured, multi-factor control and social recovery
- Smart Accounts replace the need for seed phrases as a required part of the user experience on Radix
- Smart Accounts provide users with multiple recovery options, including keys held in the Radix Wallet, authenticator devices, and social recovery
- Smart Accounts are a component on the ledger that function similarly to Smart Contracts and provide flexibility to meet user demands and needs
- Babylon version of the Radix Network and the Radix Wallet with Smart Accounts will launch in Q2 2023
- Smart Accounts will revolutionize the Web3 user experience and make Web3 accessible to mainstream markets
- The Radix Wallet will be the first Web3 wallet built for a mainstream market
Babylon Betanet Is Live https://www.radixdlt.com/blog/babylon-betanet-is-live
Tue, 20 Dec 2022
- Betanet is the first integration of all major elements for DeFi.
- Scrypto v0.7 includes new additions such as royalties, recallable tokens, and real-world time.
- The Radix Wallet & Connector extension is available for iOS preview, with an Android preview to follow.
- The Radix Dashboard preview is a dApp website replacing Radix Explorer at Babylon launch.
- The Wallet SDK and √ Connect Button are available for frontends to communicate with Radix Wallet.
- The Gateway API has undergone an overhaul since Alphanet.
- The Radix Engine Toolkit is available for encoding and decoding Scrypto Binary Object Representation (SBOR).
- A new Babylon-centric technical documentation site is now live.
- Additional Betanet releases will be made in the coming months.
- Community node running will open up in late January or early February.
- Explanations of key Babylon concepts will be released.
- Android Wallet preview will be made available when ready.
- Fees are still being researched and should be treated as random numbers.
Introduction To The Radix Wallet Developer Preview https://www.radixdlt.com/blog/introduction-to-the-radix-wallet-developer-preview
Tue, 20 Dec 2022
- The Radix Wallet is a trusted point of personal control for the user.
- The Radix Wallet is designed to let users connect to a limitless variety of dApps.
- The Radix Wallet represents the user and what they own.
- The developer preview of the Radix Wallet mobile app gives developers the essential features and interfaces to start testing interactions.
- Not all features shown during the Web3 UX vision demo will make the v1.0 release of the Radix Wallet at the Babylon Mainnet upgrade in Q2 2023.
- Many of the most essential features shown in the Web3 UX vision demo will make the v1.0 release of the Radix Wallet.
- v1.0 of the Radix Wallet will provide a compelling first user experience for the public when using it to connect to dApps.
- Some developer-oriented features are coming to the preview wallet during the betanet and RCnet period.
Radix Heads To Ces 2023 Taking Real Defi To Vegas https://www.radixdlt.com/blog/radix-heads-to-ces-2023-taking-real-defi-to-vegas
Sat, 17 Dec 2022
- Radix is a network that aims to bring about a better financial future.
- The Radix team has had significant development in 2022 in preparation for the launch of Babylon in Q2 2023.
- Radix is focused on DeFi (decentralized finance) and Web3.
- Radix will have a digital-only booth at CES 2023.
- Radix is driving a financial paradigm shift.
- Radix will generate substantial opportunity for people interested in DeFi at CES 2023.
- Radix will continue to have upcoming events throughout the year in addition to CES.
- Radix is about to give crypto a much-needed refresh.
- Radix is poised to take DeFi mainstream.
- Radix will share the Radix Revelation on a global scale.
Transaction Manifests And The Death Of Defi Roulette https://www.radixdlt.com/blog/transaction-manifests-and-the-death-of-defi-roulette
Fri, 16 Dec 2022
- Banking apps dominate the financial world in today's digital era.
- Decentralized applications (dApps) are the veins of Web3 when it comes to consumer adoption.
- Current dApps rely on underlying technology to process transactions, and the process is deplorable and complicated.
- When making a transaction on DeFi, users have to blindly trust a program built by a developer to do what they ask it to.
- Radix Network enables asset-oriented transactions through the Radix Engine, with features like Transaction Manifests.
- Transaction Manifests on Radix are human-readable and put ownership of asset transactions back in the hands of asset owners.
- Radix is building tomorrow's DeFi.
- Radix Network will finally enable an infrastructure that can support a Web3-centric future for finance.
- Radix Network will go public in Q2 2023 with innovative features set to change the way Web3 works forever.
- The Transaction Manifests feature will make Web3 easier and more secure for everyday financial consumers.
The Problem With Crypto Wallets Today https://www.radixdlt.com/blog/the-problem-with-crypto-wallets-today
Fri, 09 Dec 2022
- Radix will become the first DeFi network with a full technology stack that finally makes a mainstream-ready user experience possible.
- Radix uses Smart Accounts, a container for assets that enables on-ledger multi-factor control and recovery.
- Radix has created Personas, an on-ledger representation of anonymous identity, that eliminates the need for passwords.
- Radix Connect creates an encrypted P2P link between the Radix Wallet on your mobile phone and each desktop web browser you want to use.
- Radix has created Native Assets, which mean that the Radix Wallet can always confidently show you everything you own.
- Radix created Transaction Manifests, which allow a list of direct descriptions of movements of assets between Smart Accounts and dApps.
- Radix will be the solution to the DeFi UX problem, making it easier for mainstream users to use DeFi.
- Radix Wallet for iOS and Android will include many features that make DeFi easier to use.
- Radix will be the first DeFi network to make it possible to build a good user experience.
- Radix will release a Babylon Betanet test network with an early developer preview for next-generation Web3.0 dApps.
Marketing Wen Sday Shard 9 https://www.radixdlt.com/blog/marketing-wen-sday-shard-9
Fri, 09 Dec 2022
- Radix network is focusing on building momentum on the PR/awareness front, driving massive demand and attendance to RadFi2022 and making themselves more efficient.
- Operation Sparta campaign led to a 26% increase in website visitors and 15% week-on-week website growth.
- Social metrics show a significant increase in daily new members, active users, and post views.
- Radix team is improving paid targeting efforts and generating decreasing cost per lead for RadFi2022 on Meta.
- The Radix network has a series of Dandelion projects launched to try many low-cost initiatives.
- Radix network is making headway as thought leaders on elite campuses around the world.
- Radix team is increasing co-marketing efforts with exchange partners.
- The new look for RadFi 2022 will be rolled out on November 3rd and will be the next step of their marketing campaign to increase community membership.
- November will be an exciting and busy month for Radix as they aim to sustain and increase their energy.
- Radix network will continue to see momentum on the PR front through interviews, features, and quotes in outlets.
- More partnerships and endorsements from thought leaders in the crypto space will be announced soon.
- Radix team will continue to improve their paid targeting efforts and social media presence.
- Radix will see the launch of more Dandelion projects.
- Radix network will expand their co-marketing efforts with exchange partners.
Radix Report From Rdx Works 24 November 2022 https://www.radixdlt.com/blog/radix-report-from-rdx-works-24-november-2022
Fri, 09 Dec 2022
- Importance of self-custody, transparency, and the core mission of crypto
- Focus on creating a decentralized finance system for storing, transferring, and investing value
- Smart contracts designed to reduce risk, not just move it
- Work on Cerberus, Radix Engine, and Scrypto all contribute to the goal of creating a future financial infrastructure
- Betanet preparations are underway for a pre-Christmas release, including a dev-focused preview version of the Wallet with Scrypto capabilities
- Radix Community Council will be at Blockchain Expo London
- RadixTalk and RadixCharts are collaborating to provide regular statistics and charts of Radix-related projects
- FTX blow-up will have reverberations for years to come
- RadFi on December 8th will be epic
- More locations for RadFi watch parties will be added
- Refining the narrative will lead to better Tier 1 placement
- Betanet release will give developers their first crack at the full stack and enable more complex end-to-end applications
- Scrypto 101 course will receive positive feedback
- Blockchain Expo London will have 6,000 attendees
- Radix Ecosystem Quiz will continue to receive donations from project owners
- RadixTalk and RadixCharts collaboration will provide insight into promising projects
Radix Engine A Simple Secure Smart Contract Alternative https://www.radixdlt.com/blog/radix-engine-a-simple-secure-smart-contract-alternative
Mon, 05 Dec 2022
- The Radix network has two layers: the Radix Engine and the Radix Ledger.
- The Radix Engine is the application layer that developers interact with.
- The Radix Engine is a paradigm shift from traditional smart contract development.
- A true source of truth must be a robust transactional system.
- DLT is capable, if used fully, of integrating business process enforcement and a store of state to become a complete transactional system.
- The Radix Engine uses asset modeling to define transactions.
- The Radix Engine's asset-oriented approach to DLT application development simplifies development and makes the resulting transactional system more inherently secure.
- The Radix Engine expresses assets and transactions as discrete state machines using the atom model.
- Radix Engine Library components can model most common assets of a transactional system.
- The Radix Engine makes it possible to rapidly and confidently build DLT-based applications and business systems with far less complexity.
- Building a better source of truth using DLT can result in lower operational costs, better risk management, and creation of interoperable platforms.
- The Radix Engine's inherent simplicity and direct method of defining a transactional system will eliminate the majority of development and risk of achieving a secure source of truth system.
Meet The Team Ben Mikael https://www.radixdlt.com/blog/meet-the-team-ben-mikael
Mon, 28 Nov 2022
- The Radix team is composed of multi-talented individuals from around the world.
- Ben Far has a professional background in financial technology governance, audit, risk management, and regulation.
- Radix aims to be the platform that takes DeFi mainstream.
- Radix is building an infrastructure that is as friction-free as possible for developers.
- Mikael Perttula has a professional background in marketing and customer/partner-facing roles in financial services and mobile learning.
- A strong community drastically improves the long-term success of a DLT project.
- Radix will endow DeFi builders with the tools to build fast.
- The value Radix brings is proportional to the square of its network.
- Radix has a real shot in becoming the Layer-1 protocol of choice for DeFi users and builders.
Why The Ftx Debacle Is Great For Defi https://www.radixdlt.com/blog/why-the-ftx-debacle-is-great-for-defi
Wed, 23 Nov 2022
- Radix is a next-generation, DeFi-focused network.
- Radix aims to match the benefits of Web3 and DeFi with the ease and familiarity of Web2 user experiences.
- Radix uses cost-effective smart contracts to power its tokenized world, eliminating the need for intermediaries.
- DeFi will eventually replace centralized exchanges as consumers lose confidence in them.
- DeFi will become more regulated and included within the regulatory scope, due to the downfall of centralized exchanges like FTX.
- The true promise of DeFi will be realized once centralized exchanges are removed.
The Future Of Finance Youre Looking At It https://www.radixdlt.com/blog/the-future-of-finance-youre-looking-at-it
Sun, 13 Nov 2022
- Radix Technology Stack has key pillars explained through three videos.
- Radix Ecosystem and Blueprints allow contributors to submit code for DeFi transactions.
- Cerberus is the first distributed ledger technology built for the $400 trillion financial system.
- Radix aims to make DeFi accessible to the general public by simplifying language and narrative.
- Radix will lead the way for DeFi to become mainstream.
- More developers will join the Web 3.0 industry with the right tools.
- Developers will be paid royalties for their DeFi contributions.
- Cerberus will support the financial system without sacrificing atomic composability.
Radfi Creative Competition https://www.radixdlt.com/blog/radfi-creative-competition
Wed, 09 Nov 2022
- RadFi is the biggest event of Q4 2022 for Radix.
- The Radix community is encouraged to promote RadFi through a creative competition.
- $5,000 of XRD is being offered as prizes for the best 10 entries.
- The competition starts on November 4th, 2022 at 13:00 UTC and ends on November 30th, 2022 at 12:00 UTC.
- The winners will be announced on December 10th, 2022.
- Entries must be original and related to Radix or RadFi.
- Entries may be submitted via Twitter using specific hashtags and shared on the Discord Creative Competition channel.
- The Radix community will actively promote RadFi through the creative competition.
- The creative competition will generate increased awareness and interest in RadFi.
- The winning entries will showcase the diversity and creativity of the Radix community.
Radfi 2022 Defi Needs A Hard Reset https://www.radixdlt.com/blog/radfi-2022-defi-needs-a-hard-reset
Thu, 03 Nov 2022
- Radix is building a smart contract platform for Web 3.0 and DeFi.
- Radix has been working on solving DeFi's biggest problems for 9 years.
- Radix has intentionally and thoughtfully architected a smart contract platform that is different from every other one out there.
- Other Layer 1 smart contract platforms are incapable of scaling to the levels that global finance will require.
- Mainstream DeFi is supposed to unlock vast amounts of liquidity and give people new opportunities that are impossible in a TradFi world.
- Radix is the key to making DeFi a liberator and enabler.
- RadFi 2022 will unveil the next big chapter in Radix's 9-year epic to build a better financial system powered by DeFi.
- Those who share Radix's vision for a radically better financial system will finally have a chance to see and hear the full story.
Radix Dandelions https://www.radixdlt.com/blog/radix-dandelions
Wed, 02 Nov 2022
- Radix is a decentralized finance (DeFi) platform.
- The Radix Revelation is the primary objective of Radix, with the goal of achieving mass brand awareness.
- The Radix Dandelion Marketing Program is a community-based initiative to increase brand awareness.
- The program offers funding of up to $10k in XRD tokens to support creative marketing ideas.
- Many marketing ideas funded through the program will fail.
- The program will result in some big wins and impactful marketing efforts.
- Sharing learnings through the Dandelion Marketing Retrospective process will lead to continued success for participants.
Portfolio Management And Yield Farming Challenge Is Live https://www.radixdlt.com/blog/portfolio-management-and-yield-farming-challenge-is-live
Wed, 02 Nov 2022
- The Scrypto toolchain is used for the competition
- The competition involves building a Scrypto package with portfolio management or yield farming features
- Yield farming is a way for decentralized network users to maximize their gains through different protocols
- Decentralized applications (dApps) have been created to automate yield farming and portfolio management
- External blueprints may need to be created to support main yield farming or portfolio management blueprints
- Participants must clone, fork, and push their project before the deadline on August 30th, 2022
- Participants may create mocked blueprints to simulate interfaces or find inspiration from previous competition submissions
- The prize pot for the challenge has been increased
- The competition is more complex than previous challenges
- The competition aims to encourage developers to build yield farming and portfolio management protocols
Marketing Wen Sday Shard 7 https://www.radixdlt.com/blog/marketing-wen-sday-shard-7
Wed, 02 Nov 2022
- Radix is focused on sustaining momentum in Q4 and launching Babylon Betanet in December.
- Radix aims to illustrate their vision for a better financial system with #RadFi2022.
- The marketing campaign for #RadFi2022 is called Operation Turtleneck and will begin in September.
- Radix's Q3 objective is for it to be a growing word-of-mouth phenomenon.
- Radix aims to maintain a ratio of XRD Wallet Growth to Email List growth and grow XRD wallets from 9k to 15k.
- Radix has seen positive movement in all three metrics, including week-over-week positive wallet growth.
- Radix plans to launch a targeted educational offering in September and programmatically nurture potential customers to inspire Revelation.
- Radix is prepared to attend significant events like Messari Mainnet and Token 2049.
- Radix recently established partnerships with platforms like MarketCapOf.com to spread awareness.
- Radix is increasing engagement on social media channels like Twitter, LinkedIn, Reddit, Facebook, Discord, and Telegram.
- Radix expects to see more movement across all three metrics in the weeks and months to come due to recent news about exchange listing and integration.
- Radix will hold a smaller campaign called Operation Sparta on September 29th to celebrate the launch of Alphanet.
- Radix aims to continue driving attention to the brand through innovative and daring ways like Operation Crowe.
Radix Report From Rdx Works 22Nd September 2022 https://www.radixdlt.com/blog/radix-report-from-rdx-works-22nd-september-2022
Wed, 02 Nov 2022
- Alphanet is the first chance to test the full Radix stack in a public environment.
- Alphanet allows the team to start building a fully functional DeFi ecosystem.
- The Radix consensus algorithm is revolutionary.
- Radix has created a new programming language and execution environment.
- The Radix brand video is a part of their marketing strategy to create and empower Radix evangelists.
- Radix has launched a new whitepaper about the 5 use cases of Web3.
- Radix will be attending Messari Mainnet and Token 2049 to promote their brand.
- Radix is testing their ad copy to see what messages resonate with their target audience for their event, RadFi 2022.
- The Cerberus White Paper has been translated to Chinese.
- The release of Alphanet is a big achievement.
- The 5 use cases of Web3 outlined in Radix's whitepaper will dominate the next market cycle.
- Radix's attendance at Messari Mainnet and Token 2049 will increase brand awareness.
- RadFi 2022 will be an important event in promoting Radix to a wider audience.
Marketing Wen Sday Shard 8 https://www.radixdlt.com/blog/marketing-wen-sday-shard-8
Wed, 02 Nov 2022
- Radix network's awareness and brand have grown among the crypto-literate community.
- Radix network has had successful meet-up and dev events globally, with engagement from universities.
- Radix had a strong month on the PR front, generating press coverage in multiple publications.
- Radix's brand video, The Lives We Imagine, received positive reviews.
- Radix will unveil its unique vision of the future of DeFi at RadFi 2022 on December 8.
- The push for RadFi 2022 will begin in early November to maximize conversion.
- Radix aims to continue building momentum on PR/awareness, drive demand for RadFi 2022, and prepare for the Babylon launch.
- RadFi 2022 is targeted towards people who have not heard about Radix, and the network aims to make itself into a bigger tent.
Scrypto Challenge Unlocking Nfts For The Future Of Financial Applications https://www.radixdlt.com/blog/scrypto-challenge-unlocking-nfts-for-the-future-of-financial-applications
Wed, 02 Nov 2022
- non-fungible tokens (NFTs) can be uniquely identified and cannot be divided into smaller parts
- NFTs can be used to represent users, loans, contracts, and more
- NFTs can contain metadata
- NFTs can be used for managing on-chain identity and authentication
- NFTs can be used to represent event tickets or transportation tickets
- NFTs can be used to track the manufacturing process and verify authenticity of products
- NFTs can be used to represent real estate
- NFTs can be used for patents
- NFTs can be used to store academic records
- NFTs can be useful for the gaming industry
- Mattereum and Centrifuge are two projects that use NFTs in unique ways
- NFTs will change a lot more things in the near future
- NFTs will simplify and reduce the costs of the real estate exchange process
- NFTs will be used more frequently for on-chain identity and authentication
- NFTs will be used to represent more real-world assets
- More projects will emerge that use NFTs in unique ways
Scrypto Dao Challenge Results https://www.radixdlt.com/blog/scrypto-dao-challenge-results
Tue, 25 Oct 2022
- Scrypto package related to Decentralized Autonomous Organizations (DAO)
- DAOs allow a group of people to make decisions together and manage an organization in a trustless way using smart-contracts
- 12 participants submitted Scrypto packages
- Align by Peter Kim includes 5 blueprints and 8 Decentralized Government (DeGov) techniques
- Align features include Quorum Voting, Quadratic Voting, Rage Quitting, Liquid Democracy, Holographic Voting, Weighted Voting, Reputation-based voting, and Power Taxing
- Backyard-coder's DAO-kit proposes 3 Scrypto blueprints: MembershipSystem, VotingSystem, and CodeExecutionSystem
- Backyard-coder implements a transient badge for safe re-entrancy
- Scryptonight's smorgasdao is a configurable DAO that can control any badge-administered component
- Arthurvinci's Styx-dao manages assets for a community and allows spending of resources and minting of Styx tokens
- Participants in Scrypto competitions will deploy Scrypto packages on Babylon
- Scrypto challenges will refine participants' skills for Babylon
- Scrypto will be used to program production-ready blueprints
- The general reusable blueprints design pattern will allow for even more reusability and customization
Dandelions Program Update https://www.radixdlt.com/blog/dandelions-program-update
Tue, 18 Oct 2022
- The Dandelions Program is a decentralized marketing initiative for the Radix Network.
- The program aims to empower the Radix community and enable them to spread the Radix Revelation.
- The program will vet and fund marketing ideas submitted by community members.
- The selected ideas will be funded and live by the end of the month.
- The shortlisted ideas include community growth, educational events, augmented reality representation of Radix technology, and wiki development.
- The Dandelions Program will help spread awareness and grow the Radix community.
- The program will promote innovative marketing ideas to increase Radix's reach.
- Radix's presence in countries such as Korea and India will increase with this program.
- The program will help Radix achieve its vision of creating a radically different financial future.
Extending The Radix Revelation To Websummit Lisbon https://www.radixdlt.com/blog/extending-the-radix-revelation-to-websummit-lisbon
Wed, 12 Oct 2022
- RDX Works is building momentum towards RadFi and Betanet.
- The Babylon Alphanet has been released, resulting in increased activity in the Radix ecosystem.
- The Radix network is gaining press mentions, exchanges, and integrations for XRD.
- RDX Works will bring the Radix Revelation to WebSummit 2022.
- The majority of WebSummit attendees are tech-savvy developers open to the potential of crypto.
- WebSummit 2022 will be an important audience for RDX Works.
The March To Babylon Thoughts From The Ceo Q4 2022 https://www.radixdlt.com/blog/the-march-to-babylon-thoughts-from-the-ceo-q4-2022
Mon, 03 Oct 2022
- Radix is growing despite the global economic uncertainty.
- DeFi needs to focus on building for the user, not just the technology.
- Radix has re-thought everything to work together in their Full Stack for DeFi.
- Transaction volume on the Radix ledger is up 7x.
- Babylon, the first point to launch a dApp on Radix, is coming next year.
- The recent listing of native XRD by top exchanges validates the importance of Radix.
- DeFi will become increasingly important in a world of economic uncertainty and low trust in institutions.
- Builders and true believers will demand better innovation in the DeFi space.
- The journey to reshape the global financial landscape will not be easy.
- Radix is building something the world can trust its financial future on.
Growing Momentum For Radix https://www.radixdlt.com/blog/growing-momentum-for-radix
Mon, 03 Oct 2022
- The Radix Network is staying true to the principles of Web3 while being interoperable with TradFi
- The Radix Network has seen a 7x growth in transaction volume, 52% increase in wallets with over 2k XRD, and a growth in total wallets on the network from 11.6k to 81.3k since the start of the year
- The Babylon Alphanet is now live, bringing together Radix Engine V2 with Radix consensus and showing revolutionary features such as the Babylon transaction model
- Radix is making strong progress towards bringing DeFi to the mass market
- Interest in the Radix Network will continue to grow
- Multiple exchanges are coming soon
- Radix is on the road to Babylon and will continue to evolve and develop
Marketing Wen Sday Shard 5 https://www.radixdlt.com/blog/marketing-wen-sday-shard-5
Thu, 29 Sep 2022
- Radix mainnet upgrade to Babylon will occur in Q2 2023
- Gate, MEXC, AscendEX, Vindax, Digifinex, P2PB2B, and XT.com have integrated XRD
- Radix Dandelion Marketing Program has received 49 entries
- Radix has increased Twitter follower count from 140k to 187,400
- Radix has established partnerships with Stakingrewards.com and other vendors in the space
- Wallet growth will remain a focus in Q3, with a new OKR of driving towards 15k wallets with more than 2000 XRD
- Radix's top-level Q3 objective is to become a growing word-of-mouth phenomenon
- Q3 Key Results include growing organic site visits by 2.25x, growing the double opt-in email house list by 4x, and growing wallets with more than 2000 XRD to 15k
- Radix will develop and plan August and September campaigns designed to attract more members and build momentum for Alphanet launch at the end of the quarter
- Radix will release Betanet in Q4 and Babylon in Q1 of 2023
Babylon Alphanet Release Roadmap Update https://www.radixdlt.com/blog/babylon-alphanet-release-roadmap-update
Wed, 28 Sep 2022
- The Babylon Alphanet is a fully functional DeFi ecosystem on Radix.
- The Alphanet replaces the Public Test Environment for developers.
- The network executes every transaction as a “DeFi-style” transaction with a single unified pipeline of execution.
- Alphanet runs on Scrypto v0.6 initially.
- The Alphanet browser extension is a dead-end code path that exists to give developers a primitive way to sign and submit transactions from a website.
- Betanet will include a public preview release of the Babylon Wallet.
- RCnet will go live in Q1 2023 and mark the point where integrators can start working on Babylon.
- The Radix mainnet upgrade to Babylon will happen in Q2 2023.
- Betanet is still on track for the end of 2022.
- Additional release candidate testing phase is being added to Q1 2023.
- The Radix mainnet upgrade to Babylon will occur in Q2 2023.
- Alphanet will have additional releases in the coming months.
- Over the coming months, there is a lot more to share about Babylon.
Radix Report From Rdx Works 8Th September https://www.radixdlt.com/blog/radix-report-from-rdx-works-8th-september
Thu, 22 Sep 2022
- The marketing team is focused on increasing word-of-mouth sharing around Radix
- The Babylon Alphanet is an important milestone for Radix
- Scrypto developers have continued success in this Scrypto challenge
- Alphanet has been the main focus on the tech side of Radix
- Radix is on track to release Alphanet this month
- Radix will be shutting down the Public Test Environment concurrent with the release of Alphanet
- Scrypto has put real DeFi development within practical reach
- The portfolio management challenge had impressive submissions
- Q4 will see increased activity as they prepare for the Babylon Betanet
- Babylon Betanet will see a focus on getting Radix into the consciousness of the industry and users
- The new Radix DeFi ecosystem will go live in 2023
- Momentum for Babylon is growing
- Radix is working towards its vision of a better global financial system
Rekt Retweet 13 Why A Bug Losing User Funds On Uniswap Is Fixed By Buckets https://www.radixdlt.com/blog/rekt-retweet-13-why-a-bug-losing-user-funds-on-uniswap-is-fixed-by-buckets
Wed, 21 Sep 2022
- Radix’s “buckets” are temporary containers for tokens that help in fixing bugs.
- All assets, including tokens, are called resources in Radix’s asset-oriented model for DeFi.
- Vaults in Radix live inside smart contract components that hold the vaults for tokens.
- Buckets are transient and empty of resources, and they exist only during a tx to transport resources in Radix.
- All buckets must be resolved by the end of a tx or it fails in Radix.
- Radix’s buckets will make fixing Uniswap bug elegant and simple.
- Radix’s upcoming Babylon release is going to help in fixing DeFi bugs.
- Building on Radix will make Scrypto developer’s work easier as they do not have to calculate how much change to send back.
Unveiling The Radix Revelation At Messari Mainnet New York https://www.radixdlt.com/blog/unveiling-the-radix-revelation-at-messari-mainnet-new-york
Mon, 19 Sep 2022
- Radix provides a revolutionary experience
- Radix uses Scrypto for developers to build with
- Radix has a Discord server and Telegram channel for developers to get involved in
- Messari Mainnet 2022 will have over 110 experiential learning sessions
- Radix team members will drive increased awareness of Radix at Mainnet 2022
- Radix will introduce the world to the #RadixRevelation in December 2022
Scrypto Dao Challenge Is Live https://www.radixdlt.com/blog/scrypto-dao-challenge-is-live
Thu, 15 Sep 2022
- Scrypto v0.5 has been released and allows for the creation of trustless organizations known as DAOs.
- Radix Engine's asset-oriented approach makes it easier to write and reason about code for DAOs.
- Scrypto includes a primitive type for handling resources, making it easy to model asset movement flow.
- DAO governance systems can be designed in various ways, such as using quadratic voting or conviction voting.
- Linear voting power systems can lead to control by a small group of token holders.
- Scrypto competitions are a great opportunity to learn and practice Scrypto.
- The Scrypto competition will result in the creation of innovative DAOs.
- Participants will benefit from learning and practicing Scrypto in preparation for Babylon.
- The competition will encourage the use of Scrypto for building trustless organizations.
- The competition will spark further development and adoption of DAOs on the Radix network.
Marketing Wen Sday Shard 6 https://www.radixdlt.com/blog/marketing-wen-sday-shard-6
Wed, 07 Sep 2022
- The Radix network aims to become a growing WOM (Word of Mouth) phenomenon.
- The Q3 objective of marketing is to achieve growth in organic site visits, XRD wallets, and maintaining the ratio of XRD Wallet Growth to Email List growth.
- Net positive growth in wallets with >2000 XRD in them is being seen on a weekly basis, although not at a fast enough pace.
- There are issues with reliable tracking of KPIs, including organic site visits due to cookie-blocking extensions in the crypto space.
- Maintaining the growth of meaningful wallets with email list growth is a key modifier for the Q3 Key Results.
- In July, Radix hosted several events globally, including the Scrypto Developer Event Series and a 1-year anniversary party for Radix Mainnet.
- Radix also picked four winning Dandelion submissions and grew its community by nearly 800 people in July.
- Radix is focusing on a community/eco-system focused communications rhythm to celebrate the incredible work and excitement surrounding Radix all over the world.
- Two new members have joined the team, Becs as Director of Marketing and Conor as Social Media Manager.
- Radix will continue to drive meet-ups, content/Rekt Retweets, increase PR efforts, and focus on promoting its content to help more people experience the power of the #RadixRevelation.
- Radix will exhibit at Token2049 in Singapore and Messari Mainnet in New York by the end of September.
- A new campaign will be designed to encourage more people to put skin into the XRD game.
Asset Oriented Rental Nfts Done https://www.radixdlt.com/blog/asset-oriented-rental-nfts-done
Thu, 01 Sep 2022
- The Radix way of creating assets addresses the use case of rental NFTs more intuitively and safely compared to the proposed ERC-4907 standard.
- Radix assets are held in real on-ledger accounts, avoiding confusion with double-meaning of holding.
- Scrypto provides a better way of proving ownership of an NFT in a transaction compared to ERC-4907.
- Scrypto's access control system allows for defining legal authority to whom owners can appeal if they need to reclaim their NFT.
- A repo man component can automate the reclamation process using Scrypto's recallable feature.
- There is no need to define a new token standard, other dApps don't need to re-implement their logic, and NFT creators have more power and flexibility with Scrypto.
- Scrypto's recallable feature will be implemented in a future release of the technology.
Radix Report From Rdx Works August 12th https://www.radixdlt.com/blog/radix-report-from-rdx-works-august-12th
Fri, 26 Aug 2022
- The Radix network is preparing for the Alphanet launch of the Babylon network.
- The RDX Works tech team is actively working on engineering advancements in the DLT space.
- August is a busy month for the Radix team as they build power for future net launches.
- Radix's community is engaging in events and marketing efforts to spread awareness of the network.
- The Alphanet launch of the Babylon network will be successful.
- The Radix network will continue to make advancements in the DLT space.
- The community's efforts will help raise awareness and adoption of the Radix network.
- Future events and marketing efforts will continue to have a positive impact on the network's growth.
Celebrating Ecosystem Success https://www.radixdlt.com/blog/celebrating-ecosystem-success
Fri, 26 Aug 2022
- The Radix network aims to build a robust, innovative, and engaged developer/builder community.
- Supporting the developer community and ecosystem is important for the success of Radix.
- The current approach of highlighting achievements in the ecosystem is inconsistent, subjective, and can be easily gamed.
- A new process for highlighting projects/builders will be launched on March 10th, involving the evaluation of objective success, categorization, and selection of the appropriate medium of celebration.
- The amount of activity and contributions in the Radix ecosystem will exponentially increase in the future.
- The celebration of successes will be based on the impact and originality of the project, not just mere accomplishments.
- The Radix ecosystem will grow to the point where community-operated channels will take part in highlighting projects and contributions.
Radix Report From Rdx Works 28th July https://www.radixdlt.com/blog/radix-report-from-rdx-works-28th-july
Thu, 25 Aug 2022
- The first Radix public network, Olympia, is celebrating its one-year anniversary.
- The community competition to build a lending application using Scrypto has closed with 15 high-quality submissions.
- The first ever Dev Swarm event had over 300 developers attend and showcased the power of Scrypto.
- The development team is working on Babylon implementation, including the node, engine, wallet, and unannounced features.
- The Scrypto lending challenge winners will provide a starting point for the future of DeFi lending.
- The community's passion and dedication will lead to a game-changing development as the company approaches Babylon implementation.
- Radix will continue to roll out new features and developments throughout the summer.
- Developers of every stripe will be drawn to Scrypto as a better way to build in the DeFi space.
Scrypto V0 5 Released https://www.radixdlt.com/blog/scrypto-v0-5-released
Thu, 25 Aug 2022
- Scrypto v0.5 has been released, introducing fees, support for owned components, human-readable addresses, and other enhancements.
- Transactions on the Radix network will now require fees for their execution.
- The Babylon fee model will be used to define and distribute royalties for component and blueprint creators.
- Owned components can now be members of other components, allowing for private components within the network.
- VSCode support for transaction manifests is now available, along with syntax highlighting and error detection.
- Additional changes include the addition of human-readable addresses, support for PreciseDecimal, signed and unsigned safe integral types, and simplified calls to external blueprints.
- Developers will need to incorporate fees into their operations on the Radix network.
- The addition of owned components will improve modularity and reusability of dApps.
- The new features and improvements will be of interest primarily to the early-access community developers.
- The Radix network will continue to see updates and improvements in the future.
Bringing The Radixrevelation To Token2049 Singapore https://www.radixdlt.com/blog/bringing-the-radixrevelation-to-token2049-singapore
Tue, 23 Aug 2022
- Radix network brings unique features to the crypto space.
- Radix Public Network is progressing towards its Babylon Alphanet, Betanet, and Mainnet updates.
- Interest in the Radix public network is flourishing in Asia.
- RDX Works team has worked hard to create an immersive event experience.
- Radix network will generate a growing excitement and interest for a better financial system.
- Radix Public Network buzz will become deafening as updates progress.
- TOKEN2049 will help amplify the sound of Radix in Asia.
The Problem With Smart Contracts Today https://www.radixdlt.com/blog/the-problem-with-smart-contracts-today
Wed, 17 Aug 2022
- Ethereum's smart contract platform falls short of the needs of global-scale DeFi
- Smart contracts must be easy, safe, reusable, and composable for DeFi to reach mass adoption
- The development paradigm of current smart contracts has made it difficult to analyze for safe asset management and authorization
- Reusability and composability must be features of the platform to accelerate the development of experienced developers
- The current smart contract paradigm is the cause of many problems and barriers that limit DeFi growth
- DeFi has the potential to replace the monopolistic financial system with a better, more democratic one
- A highly specialized development paradigm is necessary for a DeFi developer ecosystem of global scale
- Smart contracts must be rethought from scratch for the needs of DeFi
- Radix Engine v2 and Scrypto offer a truly easy, safe, reusable, and composable development paradigm for DeFi
Spreading The Radix Revelation At Messari Mainnet New York https://www.radixdlt.com/blog/spreading-the-radix-revelation-at-messari-mainnet-new-york
Tue, 16 Aug 2022
- Radix is a network that provides a revolutionary experience in crypto.
- Radix uses Scrypto, a unique consensus mechanism that is highly scalable and secure.
- The Radix network is visually appealing and has a sophisticated 10x10 booth with a digital video wall.
- RDX Works team members will be at Messari Mainnet to increase awareness of Radix among FinTech innovators.
- Attendees at Messari Mainnet will gain valuable knowledge and insights about the crypto-asset ecosystem.
- More than 4,000 crypto professionals are expected to attend Messari Mainnet.
- Jeremy Epstein, CMO RDX Works, will host live presentations about the advantages of Radix and Scrypto for technology enthusiasts.
- The Radix brand will have outstanding visibility among the many exhibitors at Messari Mainnet.
- RDX Works will inspire individuals committed to building in crypto to experience the Radix Revelation.
Radix Engine V2 An Asset Oriented Smart Contract Environment https://www.radixdlt.com/blog/radix-engine-v2-an-asset-oriented-smart-contract-environment
Mon, 15 Aug 2022
- Current smart contract platforms do not provide developers with the necessary tools for mainstream adoption of DeFi.
- Ethereum's lack of built-in asset concept is a fundamental flaw.
- Creating each token as its own smart contract leads to complex and unwieldy DeFi apps.
- Radix Engine v2 offers an asset-oriented programming paradigm that treats assets as global features of the platform itself.
- Radix Engine v2 adds computation of smart contract logic written in Scrypto and messaging between smart contracts.
- Radix Engine v2's Resources FSM drastically reduces smart contract code complexity, minimizes message-passing required, and prevents double-accounting errors and reentrancy issues.
- Radix smart contracts are called components and should be more modular, composable, and reliable than today's smart contracts.
- Early access to Scrypto and Radix Engine v2 will be available in Radix Alexandria this year.
- Deployment of blueprints and components to the Radix Public Network will be available in Radix Babylon in 2022.
Scrypto An Asset Oriented Smart Contract Language https://www.radixdlt.com/blog/scrypto-an-asset-oriented-smart-contract-language
Mon, 15 Aug 2022
- Radix is addressing the shortcomings of the current smart contract paradigm used by Ethereum and virtually every other DeFi platform.
- Radix offers a programming language called Scrypto, which is based on Rust and adds a range of specific functions and syntax for Radix Engine v2.
- Scrypto is an asset-oriented language that allows Rust-style logic to interact not only with data but with assets as a native, first-class citizen.
- Tokens in Scrypto aren’t smart contracts, but a specific type of resource, the platform-native FSM-based “physical” assets described in previous articles.
- Every vault is owned by a component, and each component’s code defines the kind of data it holds, the range of vaults it holds, and the methods that contain all of the logic of the component and create the component’s interface to the world.
- Resources must always be “physically” located somewhere in Radix Engine, so MyCoins returned from the resource creation function must immediately be put in a temporary container called a bucket, which is then emptied into a vault for storage until a later transaction.
- Transactions with Radix Engine v2 are asset-oriented and describe how the user wants resources that they control to flow to other components.
- An account in Radix Engine v2 is just a special kind of component that holds vaults like any other component.
- Badge resources have the same sort of “physical” behavior as token resources, and Scrypto provides special functions that easily allow components (including account components) to present a badge to another component.
- Scrypto provides the ease, safety, reusability, and composability that DeFi needs to fulfill its world-changing potential.
- Radix Engine’s asset-oriented design offers a much simpler and safer way of using tokens and other assets with component-based dApps on Radix.
- Using Scrypto, the only code that needs to be written is an implementation of the unique swapping logic, which makes possible a tidal wave of the kind of rich, robust dApps that are needed to revolutionize and remake global finance for the better.
- Early access to Scrypto and Radix Engine v2 are coming this year as part of Radix Alexandria, and deployment of blueprints and components to the Radix Public Network will follow in Radix Babylon, coming in 2022.
How Fees Work In Babylon https://www.radixdlt.com/blog/how-fees-work-in-babylon
Tue, 09 Aug 2022
- Fees reflect the burden each transaction puts on the network, in terms of computation and storage.
- On Radix, fees are where royalties are accounted for.
- A fee table is used to describe the CostUnits associated with a given operation and a fiat value multiplier is used to compute a cost in XRD.
- The network grants a small loan to all transactions, establishing a fixed amount of CostUnits that can be consumed before the fee reserve is initially established.
- The system burns 50% of the base network fee.
- A section is a block of code that is guaranteed to execute together, within a single stack frame.
- An early version of the Babylon network fees and developer royalty collection mechanism will be released with Scrypto v0.5 this month.
- Transactions which successfully repay their loan but then fail to complete are marked as failed.
- At the end of each epoch, the fee pool is split among the validator set according to their participation and subject to penalties.
Rekt Retweet 12 Native Token Validation Why The 2 1M Gym Network Hack Could Never Happen On Radix https://www.radixdlt.com/blog/rekt-retweet-12-native-token-validation-why-the-2-1m-gym-network-hack-could-never-happen-on-radix
Tue, 02 Aug 2022
- Tokens are native first-class features of the Radix platform.
- Tokens live in vaults inside smart contract components and are passed through buckets.
- Tokens are physically validated by the Radix Engine for correct placement.
- The bucket must be empty at the end of the transaction.
- The validation of tokens is performed by the Radix Engine, not the developer.
- The hard stuff like token logic and validations are handled by the platform.
- If “Gym Network” were built on Radix, the hack couldn’t have happened.
- The validation of tokens by the Radix Engine eliminates the risk of hacks.
- DeFi developer productivity needs its “Game Engine” moment, where the platform itself handles the hard stuff.
Scrypto Lending Challenge Results https://www.radixdlt.com/blog/scrypto-lending-challenge-results
Tue, 26 Jul 2022
- The Scrypto competition challenges participants to build decentralized applications using Scrypto.
- The lending application challenge received 15 submissions.
- Submissions were judged on criteria including code quality, breadth of functionality, creativity of concept, and documentation.
- The winning submissions utilized features such as NFTs, credit score systems, and flash loans.
- Participants demonstrated the ability to connect unrelated blueprints to create a larger DeFi ecosystem.
- Scrypto is built with a security framework that allows developers to focus on business logic.
- Scrypto follows an asset-oriented design pattern.
- Scrypto is easy to learn and can be used to build useful prototypes in a matter of weeks.
- The Radix network will continue to see growth in its community of developers.
- The next Scrypto competition will be announced soon.
- Scrypto will be a key tool in the development of the next wave of financial revolution.
Rekt Retweet 11 Re Entrancy Why The 11M Agave And Hundred Finance Hacks Could Never Happen On Radix https://www.radixdlt.com/blog/rekt-retweet-11-re-entrancy-why-the-11m-agave-and-hundred-finance-hacks-could-never-happen-on-radix
Wed, 20 Jul 2022
- The EVM requires complex stacks of messages sent between contracts, including re-entering previously called contracts.
- Re-entrancy is disabled on Radix.
- Scrypto provides protections that enforce the checks-effects-interactions pattern on developers.
- Exploits like the ones on Agave DAO and Hundred Finance could never happen on Radix.
- Scrypto's asset-oriented programming language will enforce security and prevent mistakes in development.
Scrypto Lending Challenge Is Live https://www.radixdlt.com/blog/scrypto-lending-challenge-is-live
Tue, 19 Jul 2022
- Scrypto and Radix Engine make building DeFi lending applications easier, more intuitive, and more secure
- DeFi lending comes in many forms, including uncollateralized lending through flash loans (e.g. AAVE) and collateralized lending (e.g. Compound)
- TrueFi combines off-chain centralized KYC checks with on-chain decentralized voting for loans by lenders to vetted institutions
- Soulbound tokens (SBTs) can establish a credit history or trustworthiness of borrowers
- KYC-ed and permissioned protocols like Compound and AAVE are opening up the DeFi space to institutions and corporations
- The Scrypto challenge involves building Scrypto blueprints for a lending application using Scrypto v0.4 or later
- The prize pool for the challenge is $10,000 worth of XRD, to be split among the winners
- Babylon will launch and allow for the minting and sending of special NFTs to challenge entrants and winners
- Teaming up with other community members on the Devpost platform is optional for the challenge
- Participation in the challenge will result in participation NFTs and unique first, second, and third place NFTs for the winners
- The winners of the challenge will be announced by July 26th, 2022
- Entries are subject to Radix competition terms and conditions and Devpost's rules
Planned Updates To Radix Network Fees And Emissions https://www.radixdlt.com/blog/planned-updates-to-radix-network-fees-and-emissions
Mon, 18 Jul 2022
- Radix Publishing will be publishing a node update that will allow updates to the network fees and emissions.
- The update to the Radix Node allows for protocol updates to be enacted simultaneously across the network without disruption.
- The network currently has no way to automatically adjust the transaction fee table.
- The network has no concept of real-world wall clock time.
- An update to the Radix protocol is needed to retune the parameters of transaction fees and emissions.
- The development team has implemented coordinated updates to the protocol version.
- The network can publish updates to network fees and emissions without putting an excessive burden on node-runners.
- The new configuration for this protocol update will specify that the earliest the network can move to the new protocol version will be approximately 9 days later.
- The initial transaction fee table at Radix Public Network genesis was based on the eXRD token sale price of $0.039 / XRD.
- The emissions rate update will be proposed using the current epoch duration to set the per-epoch emissions rate to be back in line with the targeted 300m XRD / year.
- Radix Publishing will use a reputable source for the XRD market price, in USD, to watch the 7-day simple moving average of XRD price.
- There will be regular updates to the Radix protocol to regularly retune the parameters of transaction fees and emissions.
- Updates to functional updates can happen more easily and frequently without causing significant node-runner disruption in the future.
- Radix will use a reputable source for the XRD market price to watch for deviations and update the network fees and emissions accordingly.
- The emissions program of 24Bn tokens will run for an estimated 40-year duration.
- The duration of the program may be somewhat reduced or increased.
Radix Report From Rdx Works 14Th July https://www.radixdlt.com/blog/radix-report-from-rdx-works-14th-july
Thu, 14 Jul 2022
- Radix has over 2000 developers who have downloaded and started playing with the Scrypto code.
- Scrypto is growing up as a language and is the only product being built in DeFi today that is truly putting the user first.
- Radix executed their first University Zoom Chat with over 50 attendees from top universities around the world.
- Implementation of Babylon is progressing steadily as they work towards a functional internal test network.
- The Olympia mainnet had its first successful protocol update through an automated update process which required a lot of effort to design, build, and test.
- The Scrypto Lending Challenge is ending on July 18th.
- Radix is positioning itself to become a dominant player at universities and colleges across the globe.
- Radix is continuing to build its vision of DeFi and the Radix brand within the world of regulated financial services.
- Radix is looking to become a major player in the crypto market by putting the user first.
Inaugural Jersey Decentralised Finance Summit https://www.radixdlt.com/blog/inaugural-jersey-decentralised-finance-summit
Fri, 08 Jul 2022
- Radix network addresses the current failings of smart contracts.
- Radix network is a Web3-enabled network.
- Radix network enables Decentralized Finance (DeFi) applications.
- The event will explore the merging of traditional finance and decentralized finance.
- The event will give insights into the future of finance in a Web3-enabled world.
- The event will provide an opportunity to reflect on one's business and explore ideas with industry experts.
- The event will feature distinguished speakers discussing their vision for the future of DeFi.
Radix In Texas Consensus 2022 https://www.radixdlt.com/blog/radix-in-texas-consensus-2022
Tue, 05 Jul 2022
- The Radix network has been built over 8 years to prepare for events like Consensus 2022.
- The Radix Developer Experience is comprised of a base layer that scales infinitely without breaking atomic composability, the first and only programmable DeFi engine, and an elegant asset-oriented programming language.
- Radix puts the builder at the center, rather than code.
- Radix is the only Layer-1 network that is purpose-built for DeFi.
- Radix has redesigned their flyers, brochures, advertisements, and swag to reflect their Radically Different mentality.
- There will be a higher level of scrutiny at Consensus 2022 for projects on display.
- Radix's timing and position for Babylon Alphanet is optimal.
- Radix's message about putting the developer experience at the core is becoming more obvious to others.
- Radix aims to engage with hundreds of new developers, partners, token holders, and potential co-workers.
- Radix will position themselves as the only Layer-1 network that is purpose-built for DeFi.
Rekt Retweet 6 Re Entrancy And Flash Loans Why The 80M Fei Rari Hack Could Never Happen On Radix https://www.radixdlt.com/blog/rekt-retweet-6-re-entrancy-and-flash-loans-why-the-80m-fei-rari-hack-could-never-happen-on-radix
Tue, 05 Jul 2022
- On Ethereum, re-entrancy is a vital enabling feature for complex execution stacks, while on Radix, it is disabled by default.
- Radix's transaction system allows users to define all asset movements across all components and eliminates the need for contracts messaging or calling back to one another.
- Resources on Radix are sent between components in temporary containers called buckets that must empty by the end of the transaction.
- Radix Engine combined with buckets guarantees correct resolution of all the resources in the transaction.
- The $80m Fei-Rari hack could never happen on Radix.
- With Radix's transaction system, scrypto developers can write simpler, clearer applications to achieve equivalent functionality without re-entrancy.
- DeFi and tokens on Radix are far more secure thanks to Radix Engine.
Radix Report From Rdx Works June 2Nd 2022 https://www.radixdlt.com/blog/radix-report-from-rdx-works-june-2nd-2022
Tue, 05 Jul 2022
- Scrypto is in an impressive state due to the community's usage and feedback.
- The Radix Engine is receiving an architectural upgrade.
- The team is working on programming language, execution environment, and consensus.
- Babylon node is developing for the internal test network.
- Network state manager is a foundational piece of the Babylon architecture.
- Instapass team has implemented changes for smoother onboarding.
- Radix Community attended the Israel Crypto Conference and networked with different companies.
- Status updates towards Alphanet will be the primary news for the next four months.
- Radix Network will start to roll as more exchanges support the Radix mainnet.
- Radix will collaborate with the El Salvador government and Latet Charity.
- The community's Scrypto workshop session will revolutionize the crypto space.
Scrypto Is As Smooth As Vegan Butter https://www.radixdlt.com/blog/scrypto-is-as-smooth-as-vegan-butter
Fri, 01 Jul 2022
- Scrypto is a programming language developed by Radix.
- Scrypto is Rust-based and is the first asset-oriented programming language in the world.
- Scrypto is specifically designed to easily build scalable Web3 & DeFi applications on top of the Radix Engine.
- Scrypto enables DeFi developers to create secure, reliable, and powerful DeFi applications quickly.
- The Radix Engine is revolutionary and enables the building of scalable, composable, and interoperable cryptographic systems.
- Scrypto makes it easier to build non-trivial applications in a short amount of time with real-world applications.
- DeFi developers using Scrypto will be able to create powerful and reliable applications quickly.
- With Scrypto, there is a lower entry barrier to Web3 coding and programming.
Rekt Retweet 10 Badges Why The 326M Wormhole Hack On Solana Could Never Happen On Radix https://www.radixdlt.com/blog/rekt-retweet-10-badges-why-the-326m-wormhole-hack-on-solana-could-never-happen-on-radix
Tue, 28 Jun 2022
- Radix uses badges as a native first-class feature for authorizing actions.
- Wormhole on Solana requires calls to other programs, which can be exploited.
- Guardians monitor ETH deposited into Wormhole and sign a transaction to Solana.
- The transaction includes a sysvar address, which can be spoofed.
- On Radix, authorizations are handled natively with badges, without the need for system programs.
- Badges include virtual badges that exist temporarily for on-the-fly authorizations.
- The $326m hack on Solana's Wormhole could never happen on Radix due to its use of badges for authorizations.
- Implementation of Wormhole on Radix could be done using either badges or virtual badges, but virtual badges are simpler.
- REv2 understanding resources natively allows for simple, elegant, powerful, and safe ways of managing complex processes.
Radix Report From Rdx Works 16Th June 2022 https://www.radixdlt.com/blog/radix-report-from-rdx-works-16th-june-2022
Tue, 28 Jun 2022
- The Radix network is the best place in the world for Web 3.0 and DeFi builders to focus on delivering value through ideas and code.
- The Babylon node is undergoing heavy development focusing on low-level communication and state management.
- The Scrypto developer community is highly inventive, producing clever solutions for pushing off-ledger numbers to on-ledger components.
- The Radix Community Council has published its first interview with Delphibets.
- The Chinese community has launched an online seminar to learn Scrypto coding and an online meetup to discuss investment opportunities of Impahla and Radit.io.
- The next generation of applications that leverage the power of Web3 will be born on the Radix network.
- Radix will continue to be a success in the long-term.
- The inventiveness of the Scrypto developer community is a great indicator that amazing, first-of-their-kind decentralized applications will be seen on Babylon.
- The ROI on events like Consensus 2022 will pay off in the short-term and long-term.
Rekt Retweet 9 The Transaction Manifest Why The 14M Furucombo Hack Could Never Happen On Radix https://www.radixdlt.com/blog/rekt-retweet-9-the-transaction-manifest-why-the-14m-furucombo-hack-could-never-happen-on-radix
Tue, 28 Jun 2022
- Radix's Transaction Manifest provides a simple, atomic, and composable way of guaranteeing token movements.
- Ethereum relies on smart contracts sending chains of messages to one another, leading to complexity and potential exploitation.
- Furucombo on Ethereum allows users to combine multiple actions together in a single transaction through an easy-to-use interface.
- Ethereum makes use of proxy contracts as a gateway to route actions to other contracts.
- Ethereum transactions are made up of long chains of messages sent from contract to contract via delegate-calls.
- Transactions on Radix are composed using the transaction manifest, which describes all the asset movements that must happen between smart contracts.
- On Radix, components don't need to talk to each other directly to compose them together - the transaction itself can do it directly.
- Tokens are natively understood by the Radix platform, and live in vaults inside components.
- The Furucombo hack on Ethereum could never happen on Radix.
- Developing on Radix will be simpler compared to Ethereum.
- Radix components will be more composable than those on Ethereum.
Community Spotlight Peter Kim The Scrypto Oracles Challenge https://www.radixdlt.com/blog/community-spotlight-peter-kim-the-scrypto-oracles-challenge
Tue, 28 Jun 2022
- Radix DLT has the power to help realize the dream of a utopia where individuals are treated equally and valued for their talent and ability.
- Radix is the only smart contract platform with infinite scalability and atomic composability.
- Scrypto/Radix Engine was introduced as a way to turn the dream into a reality.
- NeuRacle is an Oracle package that combines Neural Network, Radix, and Oracle.
- NeuRacle uses the Consensus model to validate price data on-chain and API for automation.
- Anyone can learn Scrypto and build on Radix with the right mindset, an asset-oriented understanding, and a supportive community.
- Radix DLT has the capability to support the whole human society and is a crucial part of building the future of DeFi.
- Radix Developers Telegram channel and #scrypto channel on Discord server are great places to get involved and start building with Scrypto.